1-to-1 £120 Special Offer £100 for a 3hr course
1-to-2 £120 Special Offer £100 for a 3hr course
Group Courses (3-6 participants) £35 per person
Special Offer book for 4-6 people and pay £30 per person for a 3hr course
Looking to fly over the jumps and float off the drops that punctuate mountain bike trails across the UK? Firecrest MTB’s Mountain Bike Jumps and Drops course covers all the essentials that will have you hitting jumps and drop off’s with confidence.
Firecrest Mountain Biking have been teaching riders to takle jumps and drops for over 10yrs and have a wealth of experiance when it comes to working with riders to give them the confidence when both wheels are off the ground. Our proven approach will work with you to build your confidence and develop your jump technique.
We cover the following on your course:
Why it’s important to get your bike set up right with a focus on understanding:
- Making the right tyres choice and running the correct tyre pressure.
- Getting your suspension set up for you and why tuning your suspension to the trail will enable you to ride technical terrain, jumps and drop off’s with more confidence.
- The benefits of setting your saddle at the right height and how to know when and where to change it.
- Optimising brake and shifter set up to improve the way you ride and develop confidence levels on the bike.
Improving your skills and confidence on the bike including understanding:
- The importance of how your Body Position, Footwork, Looking and Speed Control effect how you ride the trail.
- The composition of the trail and the importance of why the Entry, Section and Exit and how trails are linked and layered are so important.
- The importance of Energy Management (Pumping) by introducing you to how you can make the bike work with you and gain free energy and speed from the trail.
- The importance of performance cues and how to ensure they don’t effect how you ride.
- An introduction to the basic psychology of mountain biking. Including the importance of focussing on the right things at the right time and taking control of your mental game.
Your course will cover all or a selection of the following:
- Adverse camber
- Bomb Holes
- Pumping (Energy Management)