Firecrest Mountain Biking have developed a whole new Skills Course around the race format that taking the UK by storm. If you’re looking at getting started or moving up the timesheets we have combined our years of Downhill (DH) and Cross-Country (XC) Skills Coaching to create an Enduro Race Skills Course.
It’s the ‘Why to’ that Makes the Difference
Firecrest have pioneered a ‘Why to’ over the conventional ‘How to’ approach to skills instruction and coaching using the Skills Training System developed by Firecrest Mountain Biking to give you a deeper understanding of the skills essential on a mountain bike. This subtle change in approach has over 18 years of development and testing and has been used by Firecrest to coach and instruct thousands of riders of all ages, abilities and experience.
It’s proven to improve your skills by working on the premise of ‘Why you do things’ over ‘how you do them’ and we can guarantee you’ll find yourself riding faster and with more confidence after one of our skills courses.
Get the Inside Line on your Technique with the latest Tech on Your Side
As one of the pioneers of Mountain Bike Skills Instruction and Skills Coaching there are few Instructors with Ian’s experience and in-depth understanding of how to develop your Mountain Bike Skills. Using the latest technology Ian can give you the ultimate insight into your riding using the I-Pad App, Coach’s Eye, in conjunction on the ‘Race Courses’ with the Freelap Digital Timing System to provide unique rider Feedback, Insights and to Track your Progression.
We cover the following on your Enduro Race Skills Course:
Why it’s important to get your Enduro Bike set up right with a focus on understanding:
- Making the right tyres choice and running the correct tyre pressure.
- Getting your suspension set up for you and why tuning your suspension to the trail will enable you to ride steep technical terrain, jumps and drop off’s with more confidence.
- Optimising brake lever set up to improve the way you ride and develop confidence on your bike.
Improving your skills and confidence on the bike including understanding:
- The importance of how your Body Position, Footwork, Looking and Speed Control effect how you ride the trail.
- The composition of the trail and the importance of why the Entry, Section and Exit and how trails are linked and layered are so important.
- The importance of Energy Management (Pumping) by introducing you to how you can make the bike work with you and gain free energy and speed from the trail.
- The importance of ‘performance cues’ and how to ensure they don’t effect how you ride.
- An introduction to the psychology of mountain biking. Including the importance of focusing on the right things at the right time and taking control of your mental game.
Your course will cover all or a selection of the following:
- Technical Steep Sections
- Finding and Carrying Speed
- Adverse camber
- Pumping (Energy Management)
Course Duration and Pricing:
Duration – Any (2hrs minimum)
We have a simple pricing structure for our 1-2-1 Courses: –
1-2-1 – 2 hours MTB Skills Coaching – £100.00
1-2-1 – 3 hours MTB Skills Coaching –
£150.00 – Special Offer only £125.00
1-2-1 – 4 hours MTB Skills Coaching – £200.00
Add additional Participants for £10.00 per person, per hour for up to 4 Participants.
If your looking to book a Group Course for 5+ participants please Contact Us
Dates – Any time, any date (subject to availability)