Firecrest Mountain Biking knows how to get you started on the right track, our Beginner – Get Started – Courses cover the Bikepark Essentials and draw on over 26 years of Mountain Bike Experience and nearly 20 years of Mountain Bike Skills Instruction and Coaching to give you the Confidence and Skills you need when starting out on a Mountain Bike.
Our Courses cover all the essentials and are underpinned by the Firecrest Mountain Bike Skills Training System – ‘The System’ that we use on all of our Mountain Bike Skills Courses enables you to learn quickly and put into practice the right techniques right from the start.
Our Mountain Bike Skills Courses can be arranged any day of the week on Aston Hill at a time to suit you.
You’ll learn the Bikepark Essentials
You’ve read the ‘how to’ MTB skills articles, you’ve watched the ‘how to’ MTB Skills video’s. To fast track your Skills book a MTB Skills Course with Firecrest Mountain Biking and see how quickly you will develop your Mountain Bike Skills with our ‘why to’ approach. You’ll be riding your Mountain Bike with more confidence, speed and having a lot of fun over a range of features and terrain in no time!
“If you are looking for the fast-track to Mastering Mountain Biking look no further. 11 out of 10! Far surpassed my expectations in terms of what I wanted to get out of my Mountain Bike Skills Course”. – Tom B – 2016
We cover the following on your Mountain Bike Skills Course:
Why it’s important to get your Mountain Bike set up right with a focus on understanding:
- Making the right tyres choice and running the correct tyre pressure.
- Getting your suspension set up for you and why tuning your suspension to the trail will enable you to ride trails with more confidence.
- Optimising brake lever set up to improve the way you ride and develop confidence on your bike.
Improving your skills and confidence on the bike including understanding:
- The importance of how your Body Position, Footwork, Looking and Speed Control effect how you ride the trail.
- The composition of the trail and the importance of why the Entry, Section and Exit and how trails are linked and layered are so important.
- The importance of Energy Management (Pumping) by introducing you to how you can make the bike work with you and gain free energy and speed from the trail.
- The importance of ‘performance cues’ and how to ensure they don’t effect how you ride.
- An introduction to the psychology of mountain biking. Including the importance of focusing on the right things at the right time and taking control of your mental game.
Your course will cover all or a selection of the following:
- Adverse camber
- Pumping (Energy Management)
Course Duration and Pricing:
Duration – Any (2hrs minimum)
We have a simple pricing structure for our 1-2-1 Courses: –
1-2-1 – 2 hours MTB Skills Coaching – £100.00
1-2-1 – 3 hours MTB Skills Coaching –
£150.00 – Special Offer only £125.00
1-2-1 – 4 hours MTB Skills Coaching – £200.00
Add additional Participants for £10.00 per person, per hour for up to 4 Participants.
If your looking to book a Group Course for 5+ participants please Contact Us
Dates – Any time, any date (subject to availability)